An adventure is simply an inconvenience rightly considered.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Harry Potter Trumps Nelson Mandela, Sad but true

So for the past month i ahve been reading Nelson Mandela's Autobiography "Long Walk to Freedom" and thus far it has been one of the most amazing (non-fiction) books i have ever read. I'm just over half way done with about 300 more pages to go. I thought i could have finished the book by July but i'm a terribly slow reader so unfortunately this is not the case. yesterday i put aside Nelson Mandela to begin re-reading the 6th book of Harry Potter, in preparation for the release of the 7th. I just thought that it was a bit sad in a way that a fictional character has trumped the life story of one of the most influential people of our time.
That is not to say that i've put down Nelson Mandela's story for good, but just that with all the hype of the 7th book and me not wanting to have the end spoiled for me, that i have had to schedule my recreational reading around the release of the 7th book.

P.s. I tend to ramble, a lot, in this blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home