An adventure is simply an inconvenience rightly considered.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Catch Up Blogging

So here is an update for y'all.
I'm no longer living in Pretoria, i've recently moved to White River, Mpumalanga (on the eastern side of South Africa).

i had to leave the country on march 27th because that was when my visa expired. I went to swaziland and treated myself to a nice B and B.

upon my return to SA 2 days later, the jerks at home affairs only gave me an additional 30 days to remain in south africa. as a canadian entering as a tourist i automatically get 90 days. jerks.

i will leaving South Africa on April 28th (a saturday, i mean, couldn't they have given me 31 days, and leave on the sunday?). i still have to book my flight, but that is when i have to leave the country.

I'm not as sad about this as i thought i would be. which is suprising because if i had to leave back when i was supposed to, in february, it would have been kicking and screaming as i was tossed on to the airplane. i guess my time here in SA is finally up and i'm ready to return home. (Though there is still a part of me that will go kicking and screaming, and probably shed a few tears along the way)

i have a ton of work to do in these short 3 weeks, (they're short because there are a ton of bizarre mid-week national holidays in april, like on tuesdays and stuff) as well i have lots of friends to visit and places i want to go and see before i leave. So i will be putting in very long work days so i can goof off and have fun on the weekends and holidays.

Um, thats all the news for now. Will post pics when i can. but for now, just revel in the fact that you are literate and can read the words that i am writing...then go read something more meaningful cause this is a rob-centric blog and honestly, where are a bunch of ramblings about my life going to get you?

2 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

Sorry to hear about the visa problems, but glad that you'll be home for Blaine's wedding. Looking forward to seeing you and hearing about everything in person!

7:04 PM

 
Blogger partieweirdo said...

hey Rob!
Well, I guess even you are not to be excluded from the daily joys of South African Home & International Affairs. We've all at some point in our lives, been subject to some horrid encounter with those monkeys.
Glad to have had you when we did, and I'm sure that we will meet again in the future. Keep in touch!

Ree.

1:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home