An adventure is simply an inconvenience rightly considered.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

South Africa

So i have arrived safe and sound as many of my friends have already found out as i sent out a big group e-mail to all my friends to let them know that i'm still alive.
So far, South Africa has been very welcoming and hospitable. After getting over jet lag (although i'm still not 100% aclimatized to my new time zone) i have spent the last two days getting to know my surroundings and meeting all the people that i'll be working with over the next few months.
Right now i have an office, which i share with the other intern and an american who is doing a research project for some fellowship she recieved, on the CSIR campus in which i will be conducting most of my research and other work. I might get transferred over to the University of Pretoria in a month of so, as that is the location of the organization that i will be working for during my stay here in Africa.
Honestly, there really isn't a lot to tell about my new home here, I've been getting to know my co-workers and the other students/researchers who are also living the the housing complex of Entabeni. This weekend, i'm going to be looking into buying a bike for my time here, so that i can commute back and forth from the U of P and CSIR. We'll see how it goes.
Tomorrow is my first meeting with Jaqui, my supervisor. I'm kind of excited and nervous about it. I hope she likes me!
anyways, i honestly, don't have much to say at the moment, i haven't really gotten into my work yet, i haven't had the opportunity to get off the CSIR campus yet, hopefully, by next week i'll have more to say.
Well i'm off home now, I'll catch you all later.
Rob.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

Hey Rob, add me onto your e-mail list! I want to get updates too!

7:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home