An adventure is simply an inconvenience rightly considered.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Up-Date

So, I'm writing this at IRES at UBC in Vancouver, when i should be somewhere over the Indian Ocean on my way to South Africa. Due to hold ups at the Consular office, i didn't get my visa on time to make my flight.
so it got post-poned to Sunday.
I am totally in love with Vancouver, it is amazing! the place is so clean, and the entire city is so compact and everything is accessible by foot. there is commercial mixed with residential and varying types of housing density (from high-rise condos/appartments to individual houses), very cool.
The UBC training was very informative and entertaining. All the Other INterns were very easy to get along with. So all in all i've been having a great time here. I'm anxous to get on the plane to South Africa though. I also really want to get to work, i'm totally excited to start my new job as a researcher!
okay, thats all.
will up-date once i arrive in Pretoria safely.
Rob.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Kennedy said...

i am glad that you are having a good time so far. Can't wait to hear all about south africa

2:43 AM

 
Blogger Sirina said...

I'm so jealous that you get to go South Africa! I'm terribly sorry that I didn't make to your goodbye party, as you can probably tell my family life has pretty much exploded in my face and it sort of all came to a head that weekend. I quite literally didn't get to do anything that I wanted to. I promise I will attend your welcome home! party. Anyways, I was wondering what your email address is now that you are a U of A alumnus! Make sure you post lots of pictures! And send me a post card!

9:25 AM

 
Blogger Alex said...

Glad to hear you are on your way. I was anxiously awaiting an update!

Now you can use the link to go and see my blog. Updated some pics of the condo on it.

I can't wait to hear more about your fun adventures in Africa. Stay safe and have fun. (Big sisters have to say stupid things like that!

10:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home