An adventure is simply an inconvenience rightly considered.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Stress and Fears

Exactly 2 weeks until I leave and I'm really starting to freak out. I don't have a place to live in Pretoria yet, I don't even know where to begin looking! I've found a website with student accommodation in the city but it hasn't been too helpfully.

I need to have a place sorted out so that I can apply for a visa. I also have to wait until my passport arrives before I can put it all in the mail! I don't get that until the 21st and I leave on the 27th. So in short I have one week to get an apartment or house sorted out in South Africa, then apply for a visa, go down to the Passport office and convince them that I need my passport sooner than the 21st.

To top it all off. None, I mean NONE, of the past participants in this internship, nor the other guy who will be traveling with me to South Africa have responded to my requests for the contact info I need in order to make such arrangements as accommodation. They've responded to me, but have not given me the info that i've asked for. i"m trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I also have the huge paralyzing fear that the people at IRES are going to realize that I'm not the best person for the job and fire me, before I even leave Canada. I'm trying to not think about it, but it is always there in the back of my mind. Stupid irrational fears, what good are you? To get me motivated to do the best that I can possibly do, well yes there is that. pfft....they always have an answer for everything!

anyways, I'll stop this internal dialogue in my blog (that rhymes!)and get back to apartment hunting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home