An adventure is simply an inconvenience rightly considered.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Guys may have feet fetishes, but they sure as hell don't involve shoes!

I really don't understand why women get so excited over shoes. why do they enjoy shopping for them so much and why do they need to buy so many? I just don't get it, shoe shopping is the most annoying ting in the world.

I recently had to go and buy a new pair of runners for the Baker's Dozen race that i am going to participate in on the 30th of July. You'd think it'd be easy, and it was...at first.
So i walked in there, i saw the pair of shoes that i liked, i got the running room staff to verify if this pair is indeed the right kind of shoe for me by doing thier walk analysis thing. they said yep this type would be great. so i aksed for a size 11, because my shoe size is anywhere between a 10 and an 11 mens. I like to have a little bit of space for my feet as i develop blisters really easily and get really uncomfortable if my feet feel bound or cramped (its a weird idiocyncrasy that i have, maybe i'm OCD to a small degree, i don't know).
So i buy the shoes. I'm happy. a couple of days later i go and test them out at the track at Kinsmen becuase all sales are final if you wear them outside. so i'm runnin around the track and they feel great, the support is there and my knees (the reason why i decided to buy new shoes was because my old runners had lost their padding and were causing my knees to hurt during and after running) were feeling great. but there was too much space in the shoe. it kind of felt like i was wearing clown shoes.

two days later, last friday, i take them back to the Running Room on 109th st and ask for a smaller size. they don't have a 10 or a 10 1/2. they do, however, in Sherwood Park. well lucky me, i'm on my way to Sherwood Park with my dad to go to Millenium Place, the place where the Running Room with the right size of shoes is located. So i go to this Running Room and they don't have them. the computer said they did, but they don't, or at least the sales woman couldn't find them.

well fuck.

So now i have to go back to the Running Room on 109th st and ask them to order the right kind of shoe so that i can continue my training. Why don't shoe sales men/women measure feet anymore? whatever happened to those metal foot measuring devices that they used to have when we were kids? you know the one with the adjustable side to see how wide your foot was and the front that moved to fit your foot.

this is not the first time that i had to go to multiple stores to buy the shoes that i wanted. i once had to go to 5 different pay-less shoe stores in order to get one pair of shoes that fit. and even now, although they look good, the soles are way to hard and they hurt my feet. it's ridiculous.

I hate shoe shopping. And that's all i have to say about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home