An adventure is simply an inconvenience rightly considered.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Day 199

Today at work has been a bit slow, it is my last day here at the CSIR. I don't intend on returning here for the last month and a bit that i am in South Africa. Not that i had a bad time here, but because i want to move on to other areas of the country (Mpumalanga!!!)and work on other things.

I packed up my desk today, cleaned out all the erroneous items and sheets of paper that have been accumulating for the past 7 months. Now all that is left is packing up everything into my car and turning in my key.

I went shopping and out for lunch with Rebecca and Elizabeth this afternoon, we had Thai food before going grocery shopping. I had an impulse buy of a Zulu to English dictionary, it now compliments my "how to learn Zulu" book that i have not opened once since i purchased it. I really want to learn these languages, but am so lazy that i don't put the effort into actually getting the work done.

Upon my return to the office, i thought it would be fun to calculate how long i have been away from home for. As it turns out, today is my 199th day since i arrived in South Africa. The longest i've ever been away from home in my entire life. My previous record of 186 days was when i was living in the UK for 6 months.

I'll have to do something special tomorrow, for my 200th day out of the country. I'll call Ayanda up and see if he wants to go out. Anyways, i'm working out the details for my final month in South Africa, i'll be getting paid for it too!!! But it looks like i'll be living out at EcoLink for the majority of it, but we'll just have to wait and see. Who knows, by monday i might even have a date for my flight home. That'll please a few folks back home *couMOMgh* *couJillgh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home