An adventure is simply an inconvenience rightly considered.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Jacarandas


Jacarandas
Originally uploaded by Rob Rutherford.
Here is a photo of my most recent adventure. I had to go and pick up my sunglasses that my Mom sent me from Canada. The post office was located just off of Church Square. To get there i hopped into a Kombie (or Mini-bus Taxi) and took it to the centre of town. Once i picked up my parcel, i put some postcards in the mail, then had a bit of a wander around downtown pretoria and do some shopping. I got a bag, some hangers, two trips in a minibus, and tiped some people, all for under $20. I love that exchange rate.

This is a picture of the Jacaranda tree, an invasive species of tree from South America. They bloom with purple flowers in the spring and then go green in the summer. right now Pretoria is a mixture of green and purple. it's really beautiful.

Just a note about PostCards. I am getting them and i do plan on sending some to all the people on my list, but you have to wait for me to go someplace to pick them up. otherwise everyone would be getting Pretoria post cards!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home