An adventure is simply an inconvenience rightly considered.

Saturday, May 28, 2005

British friends


British friends
Originally uploaded by Rob Rutherford.
All good things must come to an end. I have a few days shy of a month left here at Lancaster, and already i am experiencing the separation anxiety that comes with participating in an exchange like this one. I finnished my exams last Tuesday and have been celebrating with my friends ever since. Now that all the beer has been drunk, the laughs have been laughed, and the good times shared, things are comming to an end. They've all gone home for a short while and will be back in Lancaster intermittenly, yet i have this feeling that this last week was the last time we are all here in this place together at the same time.

My summer plans are uncertain, i could obtain my goal of working in France, or end up on a plane back to Canada. They're all moving out of their house on the 26th of June. I could be gone by then. They have a grad ball sometime in July which i hope i will be able to afford to go to, but alas at this point in the trip, it really depends on whether or not i am able to find employment.

I guess i am writing this in a way to thank them for the good times and to help myself adapt to the changes that i am going to experiencing in the next month. Change is neither good nor bad, just different. This is something that i will have to accept and know when to say good-bye when the time comes. Though it will be hard.

Lancaster feels a bit empty now that WestGreaves is empty for the week. is all.

(from front two, Kara, and Andy. Behind them, Ben, Myself, Bryony, Alex (behind my shoulder), Chris. And Caddy (the blonde to my left)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home