An adventure is simply an inconvenience rightly considered.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Time for an Update

It has been over a week since i last updated this thing so i thought i'd take the time now to do it. A lot of stuff has happened since my last entry about going to Liverpool. I went back to liverpool, missed a soccer match, and had the worst sleep of my life. that about covers it.

last wednesday i was talking to Lorn about this band called Harry and the Potters and how they sings songs about that plucky, boy wizard from J.K. Rowling's books. So i decided to look them up on the internet, and let him have a listen to some of their music. (i found out about this band last summer on my trip back form Montreal, and decided to look into what they were about because Jill, my best friend, is uber-obsessed with Harry Potter and i thought it's make the perfect birthday present for her, and as it happened i liked their music to and bought a CD) meanwhile back in England, Lorn and I discovered that Harry and the Potters were currently doing a UK tour. and the next night's gig was going to be in Liverpool. needless to say...Road Trip! Though Lorn didn't come, my friend A.J. and I hopped the train and made our way to Liverpool. the bar they were playing in was called Heav'n Hell. they played in the Hell portion of the bar. I have to say that Harry and the Potters put on a really good show, it was entertaining, great music, and jsut a blast to watch.

though when i left liverpool my wallet was significantly lighter. sigh, tis the curse of being an international student. anyways, i was supposed to go to Birmingham with one of the guys on my corridor to see a football match, and i was really excited about going, even the 8 hour commute wasn't going to deter me! yet it didn't happen because i slept through my alarm and woke up 2 hours later and if i had caught a later bus down (trains don't run through Lancaster on the weekends) i would not have made it intime to see the game. Alas, i'll just have to make it up with a rugby match on Mar 26th. London Irish, the St. Patrick's day game, should be a gong show!

Am currently bogged down with essays, had one due today, another due on tuesday, and then my last one due on the 18th! so no more fun for me, at least not until the end of term, then it is off on the super coolesst vacation ever! Edinbourgh, Dublin, South England, Amsterdam, and Berlin! (am going to try to fit in Brussles, Munich, and Prague as well but, i'm going to play things by ear)

so i've realized that i write way too much so....fin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home