An adventure is simply an inconvenience rightly considered.

Monday, January 10, 2005

Some Photos

So in the long break i have between classes i've bene trying to get some of the important things that i have been neglecting done, ie, get my library card (OneCard equivalent over here), set up a bank account, get my photos posted online, etc. but unfortunatly the british aren't as pucntual as they would have you believe. My Library card won't be ready until this afternoon (even though i handed it in last friday) and i have to do some running around to get the appropriate forms in order to get a bank account opened up. Shure have a lot to do. but while i have been neglecting those duties i have managed to figure out how to post pictures up on my blog.
the ones so far are: me at the English Chunnel, the Steel Family, My Dorm Room, The city of Lancaster, and a few shots at the Lake District.
for the timebeing if you want to see some photos just go here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/robsadventures/

Since i last wrote, i have bene very busy, last Saturday we (the International Students) were taken on a town tour of Lancaster and give a bit of a history lesson. very interesting. they have a huge castle that sits on top of a hill which today serves as a maximum security prison, but back in the day was where the local government held office. they after the tour me and some other students went and grabed a pub lunch and then went shopping for the necissities. i got myself a pillow, becuase the one that was included int he bedding pack was the wort pillow i have ever slept on!

On Sunday the international students were taken by bus (coach, if your English) to the Lake District. we were going to go on a lake cruise but due to a huge storm that had afflicted the region a couple days before, the lakes had flooded and the jetties to get onto the boats were under water. so we just puttered around town and looked at the shops and things to do.

today i had my first Geography class, it seems interesting, i don't have a final exam which rocks, but i have two papers that are worth 50% of my grade! so we'll see how it goes. but no exam means, an early vacation for Rob so that is good.

Well i shoud get ready for class.
Rob

1 Comments:

Blogger Rocky said...

Hey Rob,

I got a membership just so I can post this blog, if that is what you call these things... I couldn't access your pics.

Rocky.

3:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home